On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > I'd been thinking along similar lines, but using a "bleeding edge" SME
> > install, based on RedHat 7.2+updates, including the 2.4.x kernel and
> > ext3 file system.
>
> There is room for both at the same time like the Linux
> kernel stable and development trees.

We already have the stable distribution. I was talking about creating the
development one. :-)

> > Since it would be a developers release, it's important that the src RPMs
> > are available. Whether they go on the ISO or not is  another issue.
>
> If you read the fine print of the GPL you may conclude that including
> the source in any distribution is the easiest way to fulfill your
> obligation to provide it if you distribute binaries.

The GPL was written when lots of software was distributed on magnetic
tape! It's no harder for us to make the source available via ftp site than
by inclusion in an ISO. It's more a tradeoff between convenience for the
user/developer and bandwidth for everyone.

Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group        http://www.e-smith.com/
Mitel Networks Corporation            http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739