True Placido,

I have make installed on my system and this will only work for if you do
not require gcc for the software. For example, perl-DBI will not compile
without gcc.

That said, for the simpler perl modules needed on a system, this is
quick and easy, and the perl rpm site does not always have the ones I
need or want. In other words, it's handy and quick ;-)

Regards,

John C.