On Sun, 12 May 2002, Brandon Friedman wrote:

> Just a quickie....
>
> If want to template the config files for an application ie Sherpath....
>
> Is it as simple as placing a template fragment under the appropriate
> directory in my /etc/e-smith/templates/ directory?
>
> Or is there more to it?

If the config file which you are templating is not already templated,
then you need to include code to expand the template at appropriate times.
You do this by creating an action script, and them symlinking it into any
relevant event directory, e.g. user-{create,modify,delete} if
adding/changing/deleting users will change your configuration file.

Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group        http://www.e-smith.com/
Mitel Networks Corporation            http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 592 5660 or 592 2122  Fax: +1 (613) 592 1175