Tim Litwiller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> so if it doesn't support virtual domains what does it do?  Just
> wondering before I install it and start playing.

Did you visit this link?

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass

The two most common uses are:

1) to make a webserver behind a firewall available on the internet
2) to make an external webserver appear as it is being hosted from your site

For example, SME is your firewall using 192.168.1.0 internally and you want
to permit external Internet access to two internal servers.  One internal
webserver is at 192.168.1.10 running Win2k/IIS/ASP, and another one is at
192.168.1.11 is running Exchange/OWA/WinSBS.

As an example, you may set up a proxypass like this:

path = /win2k/
target = http://192.168.1.10/win2k/

path = /exchange/
target = http://192.168.1.11/exchange/

Then anyone browsing to http://yourdomain.com/win2k/ or
http://yourdomain.com/exchange/ will get proxypassed to your internal
servers.  You simply publish/incorporate these links on your website pages
to redirect your visitors to the appropriate internal server.

Darrell May
DMC Netsourced.com
http://netsourced.com
http://myEZserver.com