Greg Baker wrote:

> Take this with a huge grain of salt,  because it's been a while
> since I last touched OpenMail, and I've not played with Samsung Contact.
>
> OpenMail created a whole lot of extra sendmail rules;  email addresses
> of a certain format were OpenMail addresses and were to be handled in
> a different way to (say) UUCP and SMTP addresses.  So receiving
> messages would be challenging -- does anyone know if it is possible to
> define a new transport in qmail?  (The index of "Running Qmail" doesn't
> say anything about it).

To be honest my first objective was to find a shared-calendar system, to
replace MS Exchange. This product most certainly does it. There are also
options to setup external SMTP and POP server for mail, you don't have
to use SC. However it would be more feasible to use a single server.

> OpenMail would send SMTP messages out via sendmail,  but it didn't use
> any particularly special features -- so that could be easily substituted
> by something else.

None of the php/mysql web-calendars works for me....most of my clients
want to use Outlook (or some windows client) for calendaring.

--

Regards
Brandon Friedman