On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 09:24:51AM +0200, Jaime Nebrera Herrera
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
>   Yes we see it. Actually, and that is my fault, when I saw the 5.6
> announcement I didn't read it too much as I thought it was "hi guys, we have
> a new release but still uses 2.2 kernels, no iptables, no journalling system
> ..." Please, dont you think such changes are so important that it should be
> called SME 6.0 and not 5.6? Even without adding any new service is a very big
> change. (I didnt read the post because it was 5.6 not 6.0 Surelly if I see
> announcement: SME 6.0alpha ... I would just jump into the message :))
> [...]

We had planned for the next release after 5.5 (which would include new
product features and the 2.4 kernel) to be 6.0 but needed to bring out
an earlier release for some specific hardware support for two of our
projects. We may have been able to do that under the 2.2 kernel, but
it was time to move. The only change (and, yes it is a big one) other
than bug fixes from 5.5 to 5.6 is the kernel.

Gordon
--
 Gordon Rowell                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Director, Engineering