At 16:38 -0500 20-11-2002, Charlie Brady wrote:
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Robert van den Aker wrote:

 However, tcpserver/mailfront/qmail would not relay mail from hosts on
 the network. I could not connect to the smtp service when running
 mconnect from a host on the internal network. I _was_ able however to
 connect to port 25 with tcpclient and the connection was idented. I
 would appreciate any pointers on what I could do to diagnose the
 problem.
strace the tcpserver process and see what happens after you get a
connection. Use the -f flag so that you also strace any forked processes
(e.g. smtpfront-qmail).

Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group
Mitel Networks Corporation      http://www.mitel.com/smallbusiness
Phone: +1 (613) 592 5660 or 592 2122  Fax: +1 (613) 592 1175
Will do, but I first want to get the SME/Alpha 5.5 show on the road. I need to test one or two more things to make sure all services work as expected. After that, I will certainly report back here and ask for help and testers. Because the unofficial Alpha port needs lots of testers and lots of help to resolve the mailfront problem and one or two other problems that I've had to work around.

Robert