Hi Darrel
Couple of questions.

You have chosen /backup as the backup directory would it not be easier
for the user or at least onsite admin to make it almost "self serve"
backup and save to a pre-determined ibay name [excluded in the exclude
file] and then change the ownership to admin admin.

Also in the rsync "options" is it possible to set parameters beyond the
ones listed?  [ eg bwlimit=  -c  ]
regards
Robert

I have a bash thing doing a rsync backup of a local Windows box to an
ibay and then changing the permissions to admin. It works quiet well
except the CPU goes to 100% on the Windows box and sits there till
finished. what I really need is "nice" for Windows :-)

--
regards
Robert Slater

Synaptic Solutions