From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 29 January 2003 15:03
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [e-smith-devinfo] Announcing unofficial SME/Alpha V5.5 for DEC
Alpha architecture

Dear Alphaphiles,

Looks like my preannouncement in November was a bit premature, but my
unofficial and unsupported port of SME 5.5 to the Alpha (aka DEC Alpha,
Compaq Alpha, AXP) architecture is now ready to be released.
I want to thank Chaloner Hale for all the time and effort he put in to
help me test the distribution and troubleshoot the problems that we found.
I'm working with Mitel to get the iso to them. If you don't have the
bandwidth to download the iso, or if you just can't wait for the iso to
show up in my contrib area, contact me off-list for a CD-ROM. Others
should keep an eye on http://www.robert2.dds.nl/ (currently empty), where
I'll post links to the iso and md5sum when they're available. I'll also
post future updates there and maybe a FAQ list (which with our userbase
will probably be an AQ list).

Cheers,
Robert

the system manager via NCC Help Desk (0115) 9772010.

for the presence of computer viruses.

Nottinghamshire County Council Legal Disclaimer