On 1 Feb 2003, John Cusick wrote:

> I have need to change the php_admin_value open_basedir value for an
> ibay. I know how to do this, but have no clue what the default base_dir
> is.

The default basedir on an SMEServer is the ibay directory itself which one
can see in the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file

i.e. for an ibay on my home system called 'esmith' with php enabled, I get:

---

<Directory /home/e-smith/files/ibays/esmith/html>
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3 .phtml
    php_admin_value open_basedir /home/e-smith/files/ibays/esmith
</Directory>

---

which comes from this template fragment:

/etc/e-smith/templates/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf/95AddType00PHP2ibays

To change that value on a per-ibay basis:

1. Set the property for the given ibay
/sbin/e-smith/db accounts setprop <ibay_name> PHPBaseDir <new_directory>

2. Expand httpd.conf

/etc/e-smith/events/actions/conf-httpd ''

3. Restart httpd

/etc/e-smith/events/actions/restart-httpd-graceful

Regards,

Jay

--
Jason D. Miller                         E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Software Developer               Phone:  +1 613.592.2122 x.4387

"Are those workers dead?"
"Technically, yes ... but that's no excuse!", <cracks the whip>,
"Back to work you lazy corpse! ..."
--- Taken from DilbertTV, "Elbonian Trip"