On 1 Feb 2003, John Cusick wrote:

> As I mentioned, I know how to set it, but I do not know what the default
> is if it is not explicitly set. I don't believe it is the root
> directory, but it may be for all I know.

Sorry, I guess it was hidden in the reply (provided more information than
necessary :>) but I believe it was there:

> > The default basedir on an SMEServer is the ibay directory itself which one
> > can see in the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file
> >
> > i.e. for an ibay on my home system called 'esmith' with php enabled, I get:
> >
> > ---
> >
> > <Directory /home/e-smith/files/ibays/esmith/html>
> >     AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3 .phtml
> >     AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
> >     php_admin_value open_basedir /home/e-smith/files/ibays/esmith
> > </Directory>
> >
> > ---
> >
> > which comes from this template fragment:
> >
> > /etc/e-smith/templates/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf/95AddType00PHP2ibays

In short, if you have an ibay called 'foo' which you've enabled for dynamic
content (php in particular) then the default basedir as recorded in the
httpd.conf file would be:

/home/e-smith/files/ibays/foo

Hope that helps,

Jay

--
Jason D. Miller                         E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Software Developer               Phone:  +1 613.592.2122 x.4387

"Are those workers dead?"
"Technically, yes ... but that's no excuse!", <cracks the whip>,
"Back to work you lazy corpse! ..."
--- Taken from DilbertTV, "Elbonian Trip"