Quoting Gordon Rowell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> After almost 1000 days of service, and 450 days of uptime since the
> last power outage at its co-lo facility, ftp.e-smith.{com,net,org}
> is no more.

    I hope it was decommissioned with all due pomp and ceremony; sounds
like it served its purpose quite well!  Sounds like it's off to update my
HOWTOs, though.

    Is there a preferred way of referring to paths to download?  I can, of
course, just give URLs for a single mirror in the HOWTO, but that defeats
the purpose of having lots of them.  OTOH, directing the user to the
mirrors list adds another level of complexity.  You know the saying--if
you give the user more than one option, they'll pick the wrong one.  Not
sure if there's an elegant way around this.

--
Dan Brown, KE6MKS, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Since all the world is but a story, it were well for thee to buy the