>From: "Jon Blakely - CTS Howick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>I found that the cgi.pm had differences between < V6.0 and V6.0,
>particularly in the areas of tables and esmith::cgi::genSmallCell.

> print $q->table ({border => 1, cellspacing => 1, cellpadding => 4});
> print $q->start_table ({-CLASS => "sme-border"});

I believe that both of these use the standard CGI.pm
rather than the esmith::cgi

It appears that both CGI.pm and esmith::cgi have changed,
which may cause our scripts to break. However looking at
the ones that I wrote I am not sure if they were correct earlier.

I treated this as a good chance to dig into the documentation
and try to learn what is going on.
http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.6/lib/CGI.html

For instance I also had the print $q->table () construct and it
started giving <table></table>, which from reading the
documentation appears to be correct. Luckily the
same doc gives two solutions, one of which is to use the
start_table() / end_table().

One final comment to watch for when using
    genSmallCell($q, $text, $type, $colspan)
if you don't use $type then your httpd/error_log will have :

Use of uninitialized value ... esmith/cgi.pm line 310

Ian Wells