I have some comments on a few of your points from below.

--Noah Genner

So I've got a few suggestions.

#1- Messaging, I've lost three contract because e-smith can do share calendering between outlook clients (replace exchange server)

Solution--> How about Kroupware + OpenGroupware (Until horde webmail is
done)
http://kroupware.org

There is already a beta (alpha?) how-to for installing OpenGroupware on SME.
Look in the devinfo archives, it was announced fairly recently. I've begun looking at Kroupware (there is no a RH rpm available), but haven't
done much yet. It looks like a fair amount of work is going to be required to
integrate it with the SME architecture.

Yes, alpha is close than beta - It still has quite a few problems running on redhat 7.3 that e-smith is based on. The person making the rpms for redhat 7.3 seems to be waiting till the regular rpms get a bit more stabile - rather that rebuilding them every day. Aslo the redhat 9 rpms use /opt like i would prefere to use for e-smith but somewhere in the process of moving them to redhat 7.3 the move to installing in /usr/lib so i am trying to apply some friendly pressure there also.

And what would be best since it doesn't do pam - is to massage the e-smith ldap to allow authentication thru ldap. ( this would actually be great for running quite a few different OS projects on e-smith)

Besides this - to get it working in outlook you need to purchase a client "zidelook" plugin to outlook to allow outlook to see ogo as exchange - there is an open source project on sourceforge but I haven't seen any activity on it.

#3- Web Portal/Content manager

One this a lot of customers are asking for it an easy web portal / content manager. I think that would make a nice addition as well.

Solution --> can anyone make a suggestion on this one ?

There are hundreds (thousands?) of these available. It really depends on what you want to do. There are instrucions and how-tos for many different ones on SME. Have a look on the E-smith site or on contribs.org.

as was said there are many even some that the integration work has been done listed at contribs.org

Please feel free to comment on my idea's

Keep up the good work it's keeping me well feed.

Hugues

Searchable archive at
http://www.mail-archive.com/devinfo%40lists.e-smith.org