On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Michael P. Soulier wrote:

> On 23/09/03 Robert van den Aker did say:
>
> > But if I run atalk-conf, which contains
> >
> > foreach (qw(
> >     papd.conf
> >     ))
> > {
> >     esmith::util::processTemplate ({
> >     TEMPLATE_PATH => "/etc/atalk/$_"
> >     });
> > }
> >
> > the following error gets written to /etc/atalk/papd.conf
>
>     I'm guessing, but you're using $_ in two scoping levels without calling
> local on it. Before using $_ anywhere, put "local $_;" before it, to
> make sure you're not clobbering another scope's value of $_.
>
>     Mike

Thanks for that, Michael. Putting "local $_;" in 00ReadPrintersConf (refer
to first message in thread for this file) made the error go away. The
fragment will now expand with an unpatched atalk-conf.

While we're on the issue of atalk-conf and e-smith-netatalk:

1. Cosmetic: I noticed that atalk-conf in e-smith-netatalk-1.12.0-03
contains a few redundant unlink lines before the foreach loop which
unlinks the same files.

2. Please consider moving the template for papd.conf from e-smith-netatalk
to e-smith-LPRng. This template is print spooler specific and belongs in
the print spooler module just like the print spooler specific fragments
from /etc/smb.conf already in e-smith-LPRng.

Cheers,
Robert