On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 13:58, Charlie Brady wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Hsing-Foo Wang wrote:
>
> > Since there are many questions which all of us are stuggeling with,
> > contribs.org has begun contacting the major contributors from the
> > community to form a sort of 'brainstorm' team. The purpose of this
> > 'brainstorm' thing is to provide a platform for discussion and idea's.
> >
> > See contribs.org for futher details.
>
> Why not have that discussion here?
>
> --
> Charlie Brady                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I agree Charlie, why not?

My first question is:

What is the "official statement", if there is one yet, concerning the
E-Smith/SME platform?

Will there continue to be a commercial release, or is this system
generally being shelved altogether?

That question is more out of curiousity than anything, as it really
doesn't matter here, I'm guessing.

Also, it seems to be the assumption that there will be no future GPL
release offered by Mitel. Is this assumption accurate? I realize of
course, that it does not mean that there is no future to the E-Smith GPL
platform, but it does bring up the question that if its true that Mitel
is shelving the project, what happens to the name itself, E-Smith.

I think its important to get these basic questions out of the way, don't
you?

Regards,

John C.