On Wednesday 26 November 2003 09:34 pm, Charlie Brady wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > How can you do further development without an up-to-date base ? Or are
> > you planning to use some other base of some nature ?
>
> Although I can understand your curiosity about Mitel's plans, I see no
> reason why your questions should be answered here.

Perhaps not. Let me be more specific. If Mitel is planning to make changes to
some base distro, and makes no attempt to return said changes in source form
to the larger *nix community, and uses it's SME as a base distro , or some
other distro derived from SME,  for these modifications, then my questions
below are very important.

i.e. If Mitel is planning to distribute ANY binaries that conform in ANY way
to the above paragraph, then you are REQUIRED to make these available. That
is the license you agreed to as I understand it. Perhaps I am wrong about the
license SME was released under.

I notice that Mitel is saying it WILL comply with GPL, so my questions are
appropriate at this time or in the near future.

So I ask again, what are your (Mitel's) plans about this Charlie ?

Very best regards;

Bob Finch