I agree and would like to ask to clarify one thing that Greg proposed and
add another idea and propose a workaround for the whole issue of human
readable dates:

Is the new HTL in idea #2 incremented from the previous HTL?  Only for
DNF's?  I assume most people have 15 for their default fproxy HTL.

This may be a big deal, but maybe not too big since FProxy already rewrites
the HREF's of links anyway...  Could however this human readable date stuff
ends up working also apply it to each link on a page that came from a
DBR'ed FreenetURI?  So if I go back to let's say, the 2002-08-29 edition of
TFE, that if I click on the link for CofE, then it will take me to the
edition of CofE that goes with the same time as the edition of TFE that I
was reading?

A hackish/kludgish idea for human-readable "DBR's" would be just to have
the freesite inserter and/or his tools insert a SSK that has a human
readable date in it like maybe SSK@blah/2002-08-29-TFE or some such.  It
ain't elagant, and it ain't a DBR, but it would work and work now without
any changes to anything except the freesite insertion tools.  Heck, an
ambitious freesite inserter could write up his own metadata to do this and
insert it with any Freenet insert client and not even wait for a tool
change.  The benefit of doing this is that it wouldn't work just in Fproxy
but in every client.  If only people could agree on a format for doing
this.  Doing that would my request above impossible, but that's OK.

Ed