On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 10:31:58AM +0200, Marco A. Calamari wrote:
> None follow Ian's call for opinion about the
>  fproxy insertion capability removal.
>
> My opinion about it is that was a bad(TM) idea.
>
> I cannot imagine a good technical reason for that.
>
>  From a normal user point of view, this fact transform
>  a read/write media in a readonly media; something that
>  the RIAA and other organization from the Dark Side
>  can just dream of.

However, you were never able to insert a *site* by fproxy. This would be
a useful feature, no? :)
> It is unreasonable that a normal user install and understand
>  other programs just to have the basic feature of writing a file
>  on Freenet; maybe the only good change would be to put a size
>  limit on that.

We don't need to put a size limit on. We only need to change some HTML.
Ian seems reasonably adept at this, he broke it, and I'm busy with more
important things :).

--
Matthew Toseland
Freenet/Coldstore open source hacker.