On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 04:22:27PM -0700, Ian Clarke wrote:
> Ok, I just released Freenet 0.5
>
> ...ok, I am only kidding - but now that the datastore has been replaced,
> hopefully it will soon be stable (Matthew is fixing a bug a minute by the looks
> of it) - the last remaining excuse for not releasing the laughably overdue 0.5
> are no longer valid.
>
> So, if you think you have a really good reason why we shouldn't bump the
> version to 0.5 when the native datastore has proven itself, speak now or
> forever hold your peace.
Give me until the end of the contract. We need a few other things for
0.5 - the distribution servlet needs to be on by default, the control
interface for it needs to be on 8888, and the actual port needs to be
random or user specified. It probably needs a few other bits and pieces.
We also need to add some documentation (and possibly tests) to the
infolets on how to preserve your anonymity by setting up your browser
correctly. I think that's all the urgent stuff, beyond the datastore,
but IMHO we need to test _that_ for a few weeks - full datastores are a
condition that is not possible with the old datastore. The new dir also
needs some minor performance work as well as debugging (finding the LRU
key to delete it is currently an O(n) operation with the number of keys
stored).

--
Matthew Toseland
Freenet/Coldstore open source hacker.