On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 08:30:00PM -0500, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> Anonymous ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>
> > does the clientport (default 8481) use any encryption?
> >
> > or is it in clear text?
>
> It's clear text.
>
> > If it's not encrypted, is possible to ask you for future implementation?
>
> It's not designed to be used anonymously by a public resource.  It's
> designed to be used only on a private LAN or loopback.

Actually, FCP encryption is already supported. All you need to do is
send the first protocol designator byte as whatever FNP uses instead of
whatever FCP normally uses. I even implemented a method so that admin
FCP could be authorized only if received over an encrypted connection
from a specific peer.

AFAIK no client has ever implemented this, although I could probably
make the java client support it is people really want that.

--

Oskar Sandberg