For updating my freenet node's IP, I have written a couple perl scripts that check my
external IP via a dyndns provider's web page. If my IP changes, it sends an email with
the new IP to a list of addresses, then changes my freenet.conf to have the new IP. I
run the script every 2 hours with freenet checking the config every 5 min. Ideally,
the rest of freenet has the wrong IP for me for max of just over 2 hours. Check out
the fillament freesite downloads area for the 'ipstuff' package. Hopefully it should
be available. I'm moving so I'm without internet for a couple weeks. Reskill should be
inserting my site. My node wasn't figuring out its own external IP so I just scripted
it. *Shrugs*

- FillaMent