On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 07:50:45PM -0500, Tom Kaitchuck wrote:
> Why is this true? If we can't get the data we want from a node, and then ask
> another and do get it, then add the total time to the first nodes time. If we
> don't find it somewhere else, it's fair to assume that data does not exist in
> the network within (whatever the htl was) hops of us. So add it to the
> failure table, and don't change anybody's routing information.

We could do that - certainly - but I don't think we want to be in the
business of automatic re-retrieval above the client layer - the client
should make that decision.

Ian.

--
Ian Clarke                                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Coordinator, The Freenet Project              http://freenetproject.org/