I have been saving bandwidth data ever since I started running
this node, recording the total number of bytes sent and received
once a minute.  (So I can avoid getting in trouble with my ISP.)

java -Xmx256m

grep '^[a-z]' freenet.conf

[...]
storeSize=4096M
outputBandwidthLimit=5400
maxNodeConnections=200
defaultToSimpleUIMode=false
[...]

I noticed that the quoted upstream bandwidth is typically
between 3000 and 5000, but the actual measured
bandwidth is consistently above 10000.  When freenet is
off, the measured bandwidth is generally below 1000.

This started today, about 15 minutes after I started
6211.

-- Ed Huff