On October 05, 2003 01:27 am, David McNab wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's not just me - lots of people are noticing this, that Freenet's
> reliability has dropped to an all-time low.

Yes

> On my FProxy page, I'm only seeing 1 or 2 out of the 5 activelinks at
> any time.

same here

> In tests with others via IIP, keys inserted at HTL 25 are simply not
> retrievable on the other end.

NG Routing nodes less that 6215 will route much to often to node that
will query reject.  This overloads these nodes and does not help performance
at all.

> Is this possibly related to the mix of NGR and older nodes on the
> network?

See above.  My opinion is that is related to old NG routing nodes.

> Can anyone offer a prognosis, and/or possible timeframe in which we
> might see some healing?

There is another problem that occurs too.  Seem the output transmission
queue gets much too large.  Toad suggested that we try outLimitCutoff
set to a lower value.  I am testing a 6216 node with it set at 0.85.  If
this does not work I will try 0.80...  Once I confirm toad is right I will
try to make this self tuning so we do not run into this problem again.

Note nodes above 6216 have a new peerHandler in them.  This code is
unstable.  Until this is fixed 6215 or 6216 are good levels to stick with
if you want to use unstable.

Ed