Matthias wrote:

Martin Stone Davis schrieb:

(Just post to one list... let's not crosspost!)

Ok, let's continue this here. It wasn't my intention to crosspost.

Maybe you should post part of your servlet/nodestatus/ocmContents.html to show what you're talking about. The developers will have an easier time helping you if you do.

I attached the lines of the ocmContents.html (running 6221 now as advised
here) belonging to this node. It's taken about 20 minutes after I took it
out of my Firewall. There were just 8 connections from this node at this
time, but this is because my node is running for about 18 hours and all
connection slots are taken. But the number of connections from this node is
increasing over time and they all look like the ones i attached. So for now
I blocked it again in my Firewall.

-Martin

Greets Matthias

Peer address </servlet/nodestatus/ocmContents.html?setSorting=1> Routing address </servlet/nodestatus/ocmContents.html?setSorting=11> Peer identity </servlet/nodestatus/ocmContents.html?setSorting=2> Receiving
<SNIP>

(I probably should have mentioned: most people on the list appear to not like html posts, so configure your browser to use text-only when you do post here. I got my wrists slapped a couple of times for that.)

Anyways, it looks like it is not the same bug in the code I referred to earlier, since those are DIFFERENT nodes connecting to you (due to the fact that each port is unique). There's two explanations for this: either someone is intentionally running a crap-load of nodes from one computer OR there are a bunch of computers on a single network (like, say, a university), all of which have been loaded with freenet.

It sounds that this is a real issue. You said they are increasing over time. How many did it get to, and over how much time? Is this the only IP address you have had problems with?

-Martin