On Wednesday 12 November 2003 12:22 pm, Toad wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 11:36:06AM -0600, Tom Kaitchuck wrote:

> > > YThreads, more NIO. Hopefully the former won't produce more problems...

> > > It does? Haven't heard of that one before... what do you mean by
> > > freeze?

> > > Yeah.
> >
> > Actually, on my node, the main problem is not poor network performance.
> > But rather memory useage. I have observed Freenet running quite well in
> > under 64megs of ram, yet even if I give it 192, it will very slowly
> > proceed to fill it all up. Only then goes Garbage Collection kick in. But
> > for some reason
>
> Is aggressiveGC enabled in freenet.conf/ini?

That does not solve it. It takes longer though. About 3 days to use 196megs at
aggressiveGC=10.

> > this is highly ineffective, in that each time it runs it seems to pick up
> > a little less garbage, and after about 24 hours it is running
> > continuously. This REALLY slows down the node, and the routing times drop
> > off etc. etc.
>
> Eek.

Yeah, check this out:

  Waited more than 200ms to dequeue, 7 in queue, 3079 millis since enqueued
last item, 1761342 maximum waits so far - could indicate serious JVM bug.
Please report to [EMAIL PROTECTED] along with JVM and OS/kernel.
Waited more than 200ms to dequeue, 9 in queue, 2562 millis since enqueued last
item, 2295641 maximum waits so far - could indicate serious JVM bug. Please
report to [EMAIL PROTECTED] along with JVM and OS/kernel.
Waited more than 200ms to dequeue, 8 in queue, 2086 millis since enqueued last
item, 2315380 maximum waits so far - could indicate serious JVM bug. Please
report to [EMAIL PROTECTED] along with JVM and OS/kernel.
Waited more than 200ms to dequeue, 6 in queue, 2021 millis since enqueued last
item, 3025823 maximum waits so far - could indicate serious JVM bug. Please
report to [EMAIL PROTECTED] along with JVM and OS/kernel.
Waited more than 200ms to dequeue, 8 in queue, 2111 millis since enqueued last
item, 3883673 maximum waits so far - could indicate serious JVM bug. Please
report to [EMAIL PROTECTED] along with JVM and OS/kernel.
Waited more than 200ms to dequeue, 6 in queue, 2328 millis since enqueued last
item, 4036747 maximum waits so far - could indicate serious JVM bug. Please
report to [EMAIL PROTECTED] along with JVM and OS/kernel.
Waited more than 200ms to dequeue, 28 in queue, 2320 millis since enqueued
last item, 4219424 maximum waits so far - could indicate serious JVM bug.
Please report to [EMAIL PROTECTED] along with JVM and OS/kernel.