Ken Corson wrote:
trouble. Currently, in my routing table , a significant portion of
my routes are backed off for more than 100 seconds. There probably

This alone should remind people of the last problem we faced. Namely, that it took several outbound query attempts until it finally got accepted (a route was found) thus resulting in a less than optimal NGR chosen route. This situation is no different, from a routing perspective. Other people may have already expressed it this way.

to determine if this is a problem on your node, look at :
http://localhost:8899/servlet/nodestatus/nodestatus.html

and compute (backed off nodes/contacted node references)

my value is .666 - which means 2/3 of my routes are blocked. This
isn't helping NGR to function as intended.

So our routing is no better (quite possibly it is worse now), but
our wasted bandwidth has been significantly reduced. We have swung
to the other extreme. Arguably still an improvement.

And we probably don't want to queue our will, if all the lawyers
are vacationing out of the country. The chef may botch the job,
but unfortunately he is the only one available this week.