On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 11:56:39AM -0800, Martin Stone Davis wrote:
> Toad wrote:
>
> >Okay, so the answer to the original question:
> >* Implement selective accept/unobtanium. When moderately overloaded,
> >  accept only those queries with the best NGRouting estimates. QR the
> >  rest. Rather than accepting the first ones to come in. This is based
> >  on probabilistic accept and NGR.
> >* Abolish termination of requests on receipt of DataNotFound. Rewrite
> >  estimators to take this into account, and make any obvious corrections
> >  necessary in other areas. DNF now means rejected the query
> >  for a reason related to the key. Send DNF when we selectively reject
> >  above, as well as the usual ways.
> >  This has the potential to cause a load explosion; this will be managed
> >  partly by the above.
> >* Implement the other half of ian's load balancing idea. However, we
> >  want to figure out a way to do this without sacrificing unobtanium.
> >  One possibility: queue requests to send briefly, as we would queue
> >  inbound requests, and then send the best ones (to comply with the
> >  node's rate limit), and make the rest move on to their next best
> >  choice.
>
> Did you forget the corrections to estimate()?  We have to properly
> account for tGlobalRetry, pLegitDNF, etc. as I wrote in
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.freenet.devel/8156.

'and make any obvious corrections necessary in other areas'. Sorry that
was unclear. I'm not sure what is wrong with pLegitDNF though. And
tGlobalRetry will be completely different to what it is now of
necessity because it means something completely different.

--
Matthew J Toseland - [EMAIL PROTECTED]