On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 07:03:45 -0600
S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> How about distributing the latest build number through a DBR-based
> freesite, published by one of the developers?

To clarify a bit here, I didn't mean that users should have to visit a
freesite to determine whether or not a new release is out. A DBR
freesite consisting of nothing more than a 4-byte (the revision number)
index.html could be cronned up to publish daily. The client itself could
then attempt to fetch the freesite upon startup, and maybe hourly
thereafter, in order to learn when a new build was available.

-s