On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 06:36:15PM -0500, Gianni Johansson wrote:
> Hi Oskar:
>
> Diagnostics.writeVars seems to write field sets that are too big to be read by
> FieldSet.parseFields.  This is tripping up my attempts to add diagnostics
> support to NodeStatusServlet.  Can I just increase FieldSet.MAX_PARSE_SIZE?
> What are the costs of doing so?

That thing is actually a cludge, the right way to do it would be to max
size as an argument rather than as a static field since FieldSet is
used for many different things (same thing goes for ReadInputStream's
limit). I just couldn't be bothered to overload even more versions of
parseFields...

Its just there to avoid remote DOS by filling the memory of course, so
as long as it is within reason you may change it.

--

Oskar Sandberg
oskar at freenetproject.org