Hi, thanks for the reply - comments inline.

> 7. des. 2015 kl. 13.22 skrev Lars Helge Øverland <larshe...@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi Olav,
>
>> On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 1:16 PM, Olav Poppe <olav.po...@me.com> wrote:
>> Hi devs,
>> having spent quite a bit of time in recent months defining output and
>> dashboards, I’ve come across a few gaps that I’d like to highlight.
>>
>> The first is an issue I also wrote about on the list some time back, which
>> relates to relative periods and "cumulative aggregation" (not sure how to
>> phrase it).Programmes that track progress throughout the year (often with
>> targets), for example EPI, use "months this year" displayed cumulatively as
>> the main way to track progress. By "cumulatively", I mean that the value for
>> march (whether it is an indicator or data element) would be jan + feb +
>> march, april would be jan + feb + march + april etc.
>
> okay so what you mean is that data should always be cumulative within the
> year? Meaning it is sort of a "so far this year" report? This is a bit more
> specific compared to general cumulative function, where one could imagine
> having cumulative values across relative periods (e.g. last 12 months).

Yes, it’s like a "so far this year" report, but by month (or other type) rather
than just the total so far this year. The generic solution might be to add the
two things separately:
- "months (etc) this year" as relative period, which I think would be useful in
it’s own right
- a general cumulative function that works across whatever period is selected

>> The second issue is support for some additional relative orgunits, and the
>> posibility to combine fixed and relative orgunits (as can be done with
>> periods). For relative orgunits, it would be very useful to have "parent
>> orgunit", and "peer orgunits" to include orgunits with the same parent as
>> the user orgunit. Both allow you to have reusable output that can be used to
>> show performance etc relative to related orgunits.
>
> This becomes a bit of a conflict with the "data view org unit" solution. As
> you know, for users we define one or more "data view" org units, which will
> define the root of the org unit tree in analysis apps. Often there is a
> security aspect to this, in the sense that you do not want to allow people to
> see org units outside that boundary/root. So by allowing for peer/parent data
> view org units one will violate that principle. Of course we could have Yet
> Another Setting for this but that is getting more complicated than most
> people appreciate. I suggest that you simply set the data view org unit for
> users one level higher up in the hierarchy to achieve this.

My thinking in cases where you don’t have access to see peer/parent, or they
don’t exist, they would just not be included - similar to the "subunit" orgunit
today in cases where the user orgunit doesn't have any subunits.

Also, if I’m not mistaken, the relative orgunits use the data entry/maintenance
orgunit rather than the data view orgunit, so assigning a user to the "parent"
in the data view hierarchy wouldn’t change anything in terms of the relative
orgunits.

What we want to achieve is that a users in a district can have a
favourite/dashboard with his/her district together with the other districts in
the same province/region (peers), or that a facility can have a
favourite/dashboard with his/her facility vs the overall district data.

>> That is also the reason I think it would be useful to be able to combine
>> fixed and relative orgunits, so that you could for example have a favorite
>> showing the indicator for your orgunit with the national value.
>
> This we can do. In fact combining relative and fixed org units is already
> supported in the API so it will be a UI feature. Blueprint:
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/analysis-apps-fixed-and-user-org-units

Great!