On 11/11/15 7:56 PM, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
On Wednesday, 11 November 2015 at 06:25:35 UTC, Suliman wrote:
On Wednesday, 11 November 2015 at 06:19:05 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
On Thursday, 5 November 2015 at 08:25:52 UTC, FreeSlave wrote:
On Thursday, 5 November 2015 at 06:36:13 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:

Hi!

I'm back on DlangUI project.
Fixed some issues recently, and got it working with recent DMD beta
and latest versions of dependency libraries.

That's good news!

I'm working on native OSX backend for DlangUI - to avoid SDL usage.

Could someone point at sample D apps which can create window, draw,
process mouse/keyboard event using Cocoa from D code?

Best regards,
     Vadim

To be honestly, I'd prefer native toolkit and for Windows too. OpenGL
look ugly.
I'm not going to use native controls, only native way to create window,
draw bitmap on it (or draw using OpenGL).
Look and feel may be changed by correction of theme and resource files.

Maybe you should talk with Rikki
https://github.com/rikkimax/alphaPhobos ? He are working on parts
related with GUI stuff.
I don't see native OSX window implementation here.
Implementation of OSX API accessors may be shared between different
projects, and put to separate library in DUB registry.

That is because I have not finished Windows platform as a proof of concept yet. There is a lot of work left to do. For example getting Derelict-Util and then Derelict-GL3 as part of it, ready for Phobos inclusion.

Also there was good, but now dead attempted with GUI here
https://github.com/D-Quick/DQuick
It looks like DQuick uses SDL, as DlangUI does currently.
I'm looking for native Cocoa based implementation.