At 11:31 AM 5/4/2004, Fagyal, Csongor wrote:
Is this serious? ["I must have missed the memo." :-)] I mean, I create a new profile at TuCows, issue a transfer for a, say, Register.com domain, and if the owner of the domain is on a vacation, then I have a rather good chance to get the transfer go through - without any authorization??

Yes it is serious. No, register.com tends to auto-NAK transfers, while Tucows (playing by the rules) allows the implicit ACK.

Long story short: lock all of your domains before you go on vacation (and don't announce your vacation to your enemies).

-Russ