From: "Ben Kennedy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "OpenSRS lists" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Domain name dispute...
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 16:21:30 -0400

Hi all,

A customer of mine (a private individual) has just transferred in a bunch
of domains.  Two of these are .com and .org variants of the name of a
Canadian charitable organization.

I received a call this afternoon from the president of this organization,
disputing the ownership of the domains.  Apparently, the individual
registered the names and designed the web site some time ago while she
was employed at the organization, but has subsequently left.  Now, she is
refusing to hand control of the domains to the organization, apparently
citing the design and content as her own work product to which the
organization does not have rights.

According to the organization's president, there is some incorrect and
outdated or misleading information being displayed on these web sites,
though they essentially continue to portray the organization in question.
 The organization proper would like to assume control of the domains.

The president phoned my office, as I am now listed as tech contact
(following the transfer) as well as the RSP for the domains.  He was
seeking advice on how to proceed.

All I have done so far is point him to the UDRP.  This is the first I
have ever had to deal with domain disputes, though, and I am somewhat at
a loss as to what role I can or should be playing in this situation.

Can anyone provide me some pointers on how to handle this?

thanks,

-ben

--
Ben Kennedy, chief magician