My apologies if this proposal is out of place on either list, but I think it's
worth thinking about early.  Obviously I speak for neither Apache nor TDF but I
have a deep concern for OpenOffice.org and am very keen to see the community
healed.

Given that:
*  both LibreOffice (October, Paris) and Apache (November, Vancouver) have
conferences in the second half of the year,
*  between them cover both Europe and North America,
*  plenty of people will be travelling anyway to attend them,
*  it's much easier to co-operate with people you've met

I would like to suggest to both TDF and Apache that they host an
"OpenOffice.org Unity Summit" (or some less cheesy name if you prefer!) at both
conferences, inviting everyone associated in any way with the overall
OpenOffice.org community (open source projects like LibreOffice or the proposed
Apache project, their direct downstreams like NeoOffice, their commercial
derivatives like Symphony) to attend, preferably without charge.

The event would need a neutral Chair/Organiser and a suitably egalitarian
agenda, naturally.  Is this worth exploring?

S.