> (1) allow emails to carry either one or many labels (which, we know is
> already a gmail function);

> (2) allow "labeled emails" to appear, or not appear, in your In Box.

Gmail accommodates both of these things. Again, you can set up filters
that keep all kinds of things out of your inbox by choosing "Skip the
inbox" when creating the filter. The only stuff that hits my inbox are
things I actually want there (aside from the things I didn't
anticipate, but that's true for *any* email client).

-r-