I tend to agree, although there are exceptions.  For most devices that
have an on/off switch it's pretty obvious if the device is currently
on or off, so pressing the button will do the opposite of the current
state.

Can anybody think of a case where the current on/off state of a device
isn't immediately obvious?

--
Matt Nish-Lapidus
email/gtalk: [EMAIL PROTECTED]