Let me add that google also required, when they schooled me in what it
takes to be a real designer via their interviewing 'process', that
they very much made it clear you needed to be a design thinker.
Coding skills - a requirement, but you definitely needed to primarily
think like a designer.

Will T, I've no bone to pick with MS, I think there are some awesome
changes coming out of Redmond such as giving Zune 1 buyers the latest
Zune 2 firmware (when Apple's original response to early iPhone
adopters after the price drop is @#$% you.. 'thats technology for
you')  That all said, calling for client/server debug is way the
other end of developer from UX.

That specific job req is really a developer role and sticking UX in
the title is doing the hiring team a disservice. design-code-test is
just too much.

As always, do one thing - do it well.

http://gamma.ixda.org/discuss?post=21232