JOB DESCRIPTION

Information Architect, Washington D.C. Metro Area, Permanent Hire

The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker who enjoys creating high-end
design for business benefit. This person must be able to collaborate
with art directors and engineers to create effective and intuitive user
experiences using a variety of web technologies.

NavigationArts, www.navarts.com

NavigationArts is a strategic consultancy providing expert advisory,
design and development services that optimize the usability of our
clients Internet properties, and the business value of their online and
offline programs for marketing, communications and commerce. Our unique
strengths lie in the areas of user experience design and information
architecture, which we base upon rigorous processes. We help our clients
solve challenging problems by bringing together highly experienced
cross-functional teams drawn from analytical, creative and technical
backgrounds. Our passions are for the intellectual rigor that pervades
the analytical components of our work, and for the opportunities to
create structural and aesthetic excellence in all that we do.

JOB RESPONSIBILITIES

1. Define, characterize and prioritize the audiences that a project is
meant to reach

2. Gather the communication and functional objectives by leading client
working sessions and reviewing the competitive landscape

3. Collaborate in creative brainstorming sessions with the project team.

4. Organize content and develop categories, naming schemes and
navigational hierarchies.

5. Create user flows, schematic drawings and documentation to illustrate
the experience, structure and functionality of a project

6. Communicate and collaborate with the project manager, engineers,
designers and site authors in all stages of production

7. Keep to schedule and budget maintained by project managers

8. Work in a team environment

JOB QUALIFICATIONS

1. BA or BS degree

2. Two or more years experience in an information architecture role

3. Strong analytical skills

4. Strong written and verbal communication skills

5. Strong presentation skills

The information architect is a vital member on our collaborative design
team and must be able to work in our studio; therefore we are only
interested in candidates in the Washington DC metro area.

HOW TO APPLY

Please send your resume and desired salary to [EMAIL PROTECTED]