From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Juan Ruiz
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 8:30 PM
To: IxDA Discuss
Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] OK/Cancel [wrong heading - Jaiku ]

Susie wrote
>I have not done extensive research but the standard has usually been:
>
>If it's a PC, Ok is on the left, Cancel on the right
>If it's a Mac, Cancel is on the left, OK is on the right

This assumption is correct if we are designing desktop applications.
But, what about online apps? We cannot determine what browser the
visitor is using, and then from it, decide the order of the buttons. How
about the millions of Google's users? Google displays the primary action
button (i.e. OK) on the left.

I think Luke W's article (posted on this thread previously) answers a
lot of our questions based on research and statistical data. Primary
button should be on the left, secondary button on the right. Buttons
should be left aligned.

-Juan