On Jan 24, 2008, at 3:32 AM, Stew Dean wrote:

> So get a good CMS, add on a new kind of sitemap / process flow tool,
> allow sketching, allow me to create libraries of items with
> inheritance (so I can set up a relationship between items, change all
> my drop downs from my black and white version to, say, Vista style
> boxes), allow content to be entered and managed tagged and organised.

This sounds suspiciously like what we do with our custom rolled
prototyping tools.

Also, you left out the aesthetic aspect that such a product would
need. I don't think enough people appreciate just how hard it is to
create a tool hat does all that you want it to for the interactive
side and can still draw sophisticated graphics like Photoshop,
Illustrator or Fireworks. Once you toss in the need for the tool to
handle HTML layout rules or custom layout rules...

Well. It's quite  hard product to build if the audience isn't large
enough.

If the product lacked the drawing tools, it would be mostly useless I
think. And the rant from the kind of designer that started this
thread, Jason Santa Maria, would find it useless as well.

It's a touch nut to crack.

--
Andrei Herasimchuk

Principal, Involution Studios