On 27/01/2008, Troy Gardner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> To be contrarian, I routinely work with UI designers who take
> wireframes (from an IA/IxD) and convert them to high fidelity comps
> (primarily in photoshop but sometimes in illustrator).

That's not UI design - that's visual or graphic design.

User interface design is the designing of the interface which is what
you do when you do wireframes (in part collaboration with your
designers I presume).

Most people equate design to visual design so I can see why you use
that label - elsewhere it's not the same - the UI designer creates the
wireframes. But then I've never had any labeled UI designer working on
any project I've worked on. Interactive designers I've worked with and
are, as someone pointed out, often design and build guys who do flash
stuff, mostly at the microsite end of things in the UK new media
market.

--
Stewart Dean