When I use the term Human-Product Interaction, it certainly starts to
change the conversation (you'll notice the Human is first, for a
reason). A colleague of mine and I were just talking about this . . .
that when we use the term Human-Product Interaction  (product ==
digital, virtual, or physical), or Human-Environment Interaction, it
changes the understanding of what Design is.

Design is more than a face-lift. Design is about solving problems. If
we focus too much on one aspect of a problem, we loose the opportunity
for real solutions. You may find that the solution is not new website,
but a new system that includes aspects of renewed Business Strategy,
Branding, Operations, Industrial Design, as well as Software. The key
is that all of these pieces work together with the same message, with
the same goals.