Sorry for joining in on this late but I'm wondering what you folks think of
eliminating browsable navigation on Web sites all together and just forcing
users to use a search interface to locate what they are looking for. Songza
(http://www.songza.com) is an example of this that does not allow users to
browse, for example, a category such as Rock music.

I've always been of the mindset that we should provide for different user
habits but if the majority of users are moving towards search only, then
perhaps my assumption should be re-evaluated. It makes me a bit sad to think
that serendipity may be eventually lost.

Any thoughts?

Stephanie Walker
Information Architect
Austin, TX, USA