Hi list,

When designing sites, I often come up against the question of what required
fields to include for an Email Registration form.  By Email Registration I mean
registering for updates/promotions from the site.

I have always felt that less fields is a better approach (ie. just email
address if possible), but sometimes various stakeholders want to capture other
data like name and location so it can be used for other marketing efforts.

Any thoughts/research on this?  Like are people people deterred when they see
too many fields?

Thanks,
Jason