Hi Celeste,

Are you familiar with Scrum or Agile project management? When
developers are working on a project within an Agile/Scrum project,
they are required to work with everyone working in the same room. Dev
teams are usually very small in Agile projects -- usually 2-4
developers, a UI/UX designer, a project manager (or Scrum Master) and
a representative of the project owners. I've very rarely worked on a
perfect Agile or Scrum project, but I've always requested that, no
matter what, I'm always working in the same room or space as the
developers. It creates a bond with all the developers and if anyone
has any questions, there's no silly email chain (passing of the
buck) for the answers.

Working in the same room with the developers also prevents the
typical project siloing -- where you work on the UI, then throw it to
the dev silo without looking back.