This may be somewhat to Dante's first point but I have designed a scenario
where a user is searching for favorite Celebreties, Programs, and Channels.
The use case is not intended to take the user to a separate page to learn
more information.  It is intended as a selection tool.  Search > Select >
Search > Select.  For this case I found it a great way to allow users to
quickly search for an item, find it, select it and never have to leave the
page.  Much quicker than loading a new page only to have to have the user
click "back".