>  That being said, this list has become unmanageable.

Zack,

In the process of getting involved in the list, I've subscribed twice.
The first one was at work. Here, I completely agree with you. I cannot
manage the list on my work account at all. It is simply too much - too
many emails flying in, no easy way of organising them: no easy way in
Outlook, that is.

On gmail however, the list is a joy. The way it deals with threading
is a godsend and it is so much easier to ignore what I'm not
interested in, as it is only listed once. If something you've ignored
is popular, it is easy to dip in and see if the thread has taken an
unexpected turn that I want to read.

The only reason I keep my work account subscribed is to guage the
volume of posts during the day.

Give gmail a go!

> I mean there were 15 replies to the Nannybot
> etiquette post ... we get that you're all clever and witty.

Alright, I apologise. The cake-over-IP post was indefensibly peurile!

Alex.