Helen Killingbeck wrote:
> I think that a face to face with recruiters at a local chapter of
> your favourite UX/IxD/UPA/IA meeting would be helpful.

Oooh, now that's a really clever and mutually beneficial idea for a good
recruiter and a savvy local chapter to exploit.

I have met some very good recruiters.  Ones that have some understanding
of what might be involved or at least the meanings of words and
acronyms.  Ones that take the long view and work at establishing
relationships.

I don't mind getting "not a particularly good match" calls or emails
from these recruiters since I'd like to take the long view as well.
Even if I'm not interested in that particular position or that position
at this time, down the road, I might be interested in another position,
know of someone who might be, or might need to fill a position myself.
Then, I'll contact the ones that didn't make me feel like I got hit by
errant buckshot.

Ron